Hello! I hope everybody is enjoying their day. Today we are cracking open a new journal I bought here recently that have 366 mindful prompts. When I saw it- my immediate thoughts were:
- This would provide great prompts for my blog on the topic of mindfulness.
- This would be a doable way of adding a daily dose of mindful consciousness.
So-I got it. I decided to not write directly in the journal so that I can revisit the prompts and answer from a new perspective. Instead- I am jotting down my mind in my daily journal and if it compels me- on here. Seeing as it is prompt number one- and it is fairly simple- I thought it would be a good starting place for all of us. So without further ado-the prompt.
What am I grateful for today?
- I spent some quality time having lunch, deep discussion, and laughter with my little cousin for her birthday. Love ya, kiddo.
- I got to hang out and chat with my pops.
- I bought a new phone today! Getting something new (even when you’re paying for it) is always fun and exciting.
- I was able to spend time with one of my favorite humans and friend-just got to enjoy his company while assisting with some mundane human activities. (A lot of counting and minimal brain power is used to take inventory.)
- I attained some new books, along with two journals (one I am filling out now).
- I jammed out to some of my favorite music on the drive home.
- I listened to one of my new favorite podcasts- “Born Again Again” and learned that they ALSO watch Rhett and Link (Good Mythical Morning) on YouTube and felt a sense of community for a moment.
- I found a new podcast “Ladies & Tangents” which has already lead to a few good laughs one episodes in.
- I was able to rearrange my room and do some laundry. Some welcome change and cleanliness.
- I got to chat and catch up with a few friends online.
- Got cuddles from my two cats and got a kick out of Charles (the guinea pig) trying out his play pen.
I have so much more to be grateful for-but I think that is all for the blog today. 🙂 I hope you all join me in sharing what you are grateful for. Either here in the comments or in your own personal journal. With that- I hope you all enjoy the rest of your day- see you all soon.