Banana French Toast
Feel free to sub out or add whatever you like! These are just the ingredients I used to make a gluten free and vegan option for french toast! You can easily use real eggs and regular bread, butter, and milk if you like. 🙂
- ½ banana
- ⅛ cup plant milk of choice (I used unsweetened almond milk)
- 1 egg (Sub with Just Egg to make recipe Vegan!)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Cinnamon to taste
- Bread of choice (I used BFree bread as a gluten free & vegan option)
- Country Crock Plant Butter
- Maple syrup
- Fresh fruit (I prefer fresh bananas or blueberries)
- Peanut Butter
- In a blender (I used a small personal ninja blender), add banana, milk, egg, vanilla, and cinnamon and blend until smooth.
- Pour mix into a deep plate or dish (big enough to soak break in mixture).
- In a pan melt butter on medium heat and begin to soak bread evenly on both sides in egg mixture.
- Cook toast until golden brown and fully cooked on both sides before plating.
- Add toppings of choice and enjoy!
I know this is a really simple recipe but it’s one I forget about often! Also if you are a newbie in the kitchen, perhaps you have never made this delicious and easy breakfast before. No matter your level of skill, this is a fairly affordable, easy, and quick recipe that can easily remain healthy. Remember- whether you are plant based or just someone who is looking for some good eats- trying new recipes can be fun and a great way to keep you interested in healthy eating!
Yummy Drink Suggestions to go with Breakfast
Brew your favorite coffee in your favorite way! I personally enjoy myself a cup of Columbian roast made in a french press and adding some plant milk, agave, and cinnamon OR just some dairy-free Italian sweet cream creamer.
If you like tea, you know your favorite brew. My personal choice for a morning brew would have to be a homemade matcha. I have both a loose match powder and matcha tea bags and I swing back and forth on which is my favorite. Right now throw three Sweet and Spicy Good Earth Matcha tea bags in the bottom of my french press and steep for 4-5 minutes, pour over a quart size mason jar full of ice, topped with coconut milk and cinnamon.
A Cleansing Caffeine Free Morning
My favorite drink to grab when I don’t have a coffee or tea in my hand is a huge glass of iced lemon water with echinacea drops. You can drink this hot, with or without lemon, etc. But starting your day with a big glass of water can never go wrong for both your mental and physical health.
That’s all for today’s blog! I hope you have something wonderful, healthy, affordable, and delicious to start your day! As for now, I wish you all a happy reading…and a happy eating!