Hello, my fellow humans. As you can probably gather from the title- I am here to publish 100 of my life goals. I want to clarify that I am not tackling these all at once. I read in another post that to know what to do next you need to know where you want to go. So I just wrote up 100 goals for my immediate and far-ahead future. Without further ado-
100 Life Goals
- Develop a daily routine.
- Learn a second language. (Spanish or sign language.)
- Take a self-defense class
- Read at least 5 books by the end of 2023
- Learn to embrace and listen to my emotional self.
- Become a morning person. (I know- terrifying.)
- Fully process and heal my inner child.
- Share my full self. Share my time, my feedback, opinions, knowledge, and skills.
- Become more mindful. Learn how to live in the present and make decisions that better our lives and the world around us.
- Develop better verbal communication skills.
- Create a family budget.
- Start a savings fund for Kai
- Save $2500 by the end of 2023
- Get rid of St. Luke’s Debt
- Pay off Dylan’s school loans
- Pay off credit card
- Get a continual income by January 2023
- Build good credit
- Take some sort of financial class
- Learn how to use our money most effectively.
- Get a passport for the whole family by next year
- Travel to all the states
- Take Kai to the coast
- Visit three other countries
- Visit local sights and document them
- Hike 10 local-ish paths
- Ride a train
- Go on a family road trip when Kai is a little older
- Play flight roulette
- Visit 5 National parks
Health & Fitness:
- Get my A1C down to 7-8
- Mindful Movement Everyday (Ex. yoga, stretching, or walking)
- Try a new style of workout 3x every week for the next month to figure out what kind of workout style works for me.
- See a raise in muscle mass and decrease in fat percentages in next body scan
- 80-20 rule for eating. 80% “good, nutritionally dense foods, and 20% free for all
- Mental health: have a clean home environment.
- Be able to complete a Tough Mudder race with Dylan by end of 2023
- Sign up for a fitness class (Ex. yoga, kickboxing, etc.)
- Be able to do 35 pushups to match Dylan (yes, he went easy on me, lol)
- Take my vitamins daily and hydrate (64 oz daily-minimum)
- Post at least 3 blogs a week
- Have a finished draft of Scribble of a Scrambled Mind completed by January 2023
- Learn how to boost my networking abilities
- Apply for writing gigs
- Learn how to market art
- Finish designing Cor.Fitness website
- Take a business class
- Learn more about marketing
- Be consistent about posting on social media
- Branch out and seek out mentors (blogging, mindful living, writing)
- Publish a Novel
- Adopt a few animals
- Have a home full of healthy and thriving plants
- Focus on being a good homemaker
- Prioritize motherhood- Don’t miss the little moments
- Embrace a mindful lifestyle
- Consume less-Utilize more
- Learn how to grow a garden & can for food for my family
- Embrace my inner modern hippie
- Embrace the new small town life
Family & Friends:
- Spend quality time with my boys regularly
- Reach out, make and spend time with friends
- Have my younger siblings come over for a sleepover once a month
- Have facetime calls on Sundays with family
- Eat dinner as a family at least 5x a week
- Have a family movie night on Saturdays
- Push my social boundaries when I can
- Talk to people on social media more (in seek of friendships)
- Don’t be afraid to take things slow- in order to prioritize the small moments with my family.
- Communicate my needs in order to keep the household running.
- Take time to listen. While Kai cannot communicate his needs verbally yet, it does not mean he does not tell me what he needs. Take the time to listen.
- Understand that I will make mistakes and that is okay. The key to being a good parent is being accountable to those mistakes and do my best not to repeat them.
- Be kind and patient. I know that it is hard sometimes to regulate your emotions when you are over stimulated by Kai- but be a good example of regulation by staying kind and patient while he is learning to be a whole human of his own.
- Be silly. Trying to be perfect is boring and overrated. Let Kai see you be silly and fun. Show him how to dance with the world rather than fight against it.
- Be there and love. No matter what stupid little mistakes you make, your presence, your love, and being there for him is most important.
- Communicate. Even when things are hard to discuss or when feelings are tense- talk it out. A rough conversation is better than a brutal assumption.
- Never go to bed angry. Always get to a place where we can hold hands and go to sleep peacefully. Resolutions make for better sleep.
- Communicate our appreciation and adoration often. When you live together and have a baby- it’s easy to assume that the other knows you love them. But don’t let that stop you from reminding them.
- Communicate via their love language and ask them to communicate via yours. Learn all the ways to say I love you everyday.
- Be each others support system. Everything is not always easy. In fact it is often hard. So know and build a support system that we can both depend on.
Immediate Personal Goals:
- Get to 145lbs (Not dead set on that goal, as I would rather have muscle than be 145 lbs, but it’s a starting goal)
- Unpack the rest of the house by the end of this week. (October 8, 2022)
- Finish Kai’s alphabet paintings by the end of 2022
- Have the first draft of Scribbles of a Scrambled Mind Finished by the end of 2022
- Do a stretching/yoga routine for 30 days straight starting October 7-November 6
Long-Term Personal Goals:
- Get into weightlifting
- Have 2000 followers on all my platforms
- Have a self-sustaining garden
- Have food storage for myself and my family
- Have Kayteable a source of income
Immediate Family Goals:
- Get Kai on a feeding schedule
- Work on motor skills with Kai
- Make room in our busy lives for more family time.
- Enjoy every day together.
- Have more yummy and healthy meals together.
Long-Term Family Goals:
- Be able to rent out a house in 5 years as a profit
- Open up Dylan’s business as well as my own
- Be able to pay for Kai’s future
- Be a healthy and well-rounded family.
- Be HAPPY.
If you made it all the way to the bottom congratulations- you are a trooper. That is all for the day- hope you enjoy the view from my laptop of my still-not-unpacked house. I will talk to you guys again very soon. Thank you for reading ass always-
Life is messy. Being a human is messy. It’s not as neat as your “should’s”and “shouldn’ts” would have us believe.