Day #3 (February 28, 2023)
Okay, was a little rocky-road. Not really due to the challenge, but rather because life is chaotic sometimes. I work Tuesdays and Thursdays out of town- so in an attempt to make my morning less chaotic, instead of packing everyone up to go to the gym- I decided to get up an hour before Kai typically gets up to work out at home. That did happen…but Kai also decided to get up and hang out. So I ended up losing a precious hour of sleep- just to end up packing everyone up and out to the gym.
Now, while this was a giant inconvenience today- it was enlightening to know that if that is just the plan…then my day could go really smoothly and I have plenty of time to comfortably get Mochi to doggy daycare, workout, and get to work in time without waking up super early. So it was a blessing in disguise as most things are.
Directly relating to the challenge- again…it feels so far it is nearly only benefiting my life, for the following reasons:
- I love a challenge.
- I love lists.
- I love checking things off of lists.
- It is making me tired right around bedtime…so I just pass out.
- It is naturally making me have a routine which is encouraging a natural lead into doing a lot of other habits that I wanted to do anyways. I have been consistent with my skincare, I have had a spotless house three days in a row (unheard of), and it isn’t particularly hard to pull it off. I am not saying it isn’t hard to accomplish everything- rather that it just has produced a way more natural flow to my day than me just aiming randomly into the wind for productivity. I have a set list of 5 Things I HAVE to do every day…and the rest just falls nicely around that.
Now…I definitely have still not grown accustomed to the amount of water. I have easily drank enough water…but my body is not getting the memo that my bladder needs to chill. So- besides having to ditch the baby in the car for one minute in my parents’ driveway as I busted into their house, leaving their front door open, and barely making it to the bathroom on the way to work- this challenge is going great.
Reminder of the Challenge Rules
- Read 10 pages of a book every day.
- Drink 1 gallon of water a day
- Stick to a diet of your choice with health in mind. No cheat days. No alcohol.
- Have (2) 45-minute workouts. One must be outside. (My rule: At least workout 90 min a day)
- Take a progress picture every day.
I am looking forward to another day tomorrow and another night of reading with my love. (I am really into this reading together thing. This is my ideal life right now.) For now- I am going to enjoy the rest of the night with my family- so I am logging off. Thanks for joining- wish me luck.
P.S. If you want to follow my progress photos on Instagram- follow @gloopsiedaisy for daily posts. I post my progress photos, food, and daily goals. Thanks!
Leave a Reply