Good morning! I was discussing with my human the other night the strange texture of “protien” or “health” bars. They are always chalky and taste not so great- so I thought: why not share the recipe I use to make my super easy protein bars at home. I do have to credit my aunt- as this recipe is a twist on her protein balls. These are just naturally gluten free and vegan- although you are welcome to modify, add or take away products as you please- this is just my favorite. Now without further ado-here is a recipe for my protein bar.
1 1/2 cup peanut butter (creamy)
1 1/4 cup rolled outs
1 scoop vanilla protein powder (Orgain: Organic Plant-Based Protein Powder)
1 TBSP flax seed
1 TBSP hemp seeds
1 TSPN vanilla extract
Semi- sweet chocolate chips to taste
Optional: pinch of salt
Optional Toppings: Fresh Fruit
- Put all the dry ingredients in a medium sized bowl ( rolled oats, hemp & flax seeds, protein powder, optional salt) and mix.
- Melt peanut butter in microwave 30- 60 sec, add both peanut butter and vanilla to bowl, and mix into dry ingredients until evenly mixed.
- Let cool on counter for 5-10 minutes before mixing chocolate chips.
- Add wax paper to the bottom of a small baking sheet and spread mix evenly in the pan and place in fridge until firm. Store in fridge up to 1 week.
- Cut into squares and enjoy.
- Optional: Add fresh fruit to protein bar. My personal favorite is blackberries or strawberries. Bananas are a great second. Near the end of the week I like to crumble the slightly drier protein bar into bowls of mixed fruit as a sort of granola.
I hope you all find this recipe enjoyable! That is all for today- tune into the blog for a personal story if you are interested and for now- I wish you all happy reading.