Hello, hello. As it is the 18th as I am writing this…I realize it’s a bit late to post my Reading List…but it is super short this month:
That’s right- just one book this month…and that leads me to a few updates. So without further ado…let’s get into them.
If you have been following this blog for any sort of time…you’ll know that my health journey has heavily revolved around weight loss. Which is perfectly fine as it was a needed part of my journey. But recently- I’ve been trying to focus on ALL of my health needs. This has lead me to creating a challenge for myself- that I invite you all to do as well- to do something healthy for ME every day.
Now you might be like, “Kayte, yo calm down. That’s extreme.” But I can assure you it is not. Sometimes we forget that taking care of our physical health is important, but so is our mental and spiritual well being. So AT LEAST one healthy thing a day can mean- exercising, eating a healthy meal, yes. But it also means- taking time to cuddle the cats, putting on a face mask and reading, or cleaning my space so that it calm and peaceful in my space.
Doing this for the past month or so has lead me to some life decisions and new habits:
- I delete all of my social media off my phone- aside from YouTube and Spotify. Then once a week I re-download it to catch up, post and then it is gone again. I have had so much “extra time” that was always there…because all those 5-10 minute glancing at my phone sessions are not an option.
- I started working on my oral hygiene. I now have a little 10 minute routine to naturally whiten and strengthen my teeth and keep them gums nice and healthy.
- All my animals have been getting more interaction, quality time, and love. They each get cuddles and play time individually…we all have benefited from it.
- I’ve tried new things- new recipes, new podcasts, new art styles, hot yoga, etc.
- I have started to write more creatively. My life is getting more colorful with every day that passes.
You might be wondering at this point- what this has to do with my reading list- well, let me tell you. Reading brings a lot of joy and want it to be a priority…so I am giving myself the minimum goal of one book. But as I started my personal challenge- I started to realize there was so much I haven’t tried, so much more that brings me joy, and so many things that improve my health in some way.
That is all for this blog. I wanted you all to know- yes…the Book Nook is continually going to be added to…just perhaps at a slightly slower rate- as I am creating room in my life and soul- for bigger and maybe better things. I’ll keep you updated. For now- I wish you all a wonderful night and happy reading.
“Brew of the Blog“
Today we are drinking the good old, home made, cold brew. With a splash of a dairy-free “birthday cake” coffee creamer. It makes my diabetes scream a little- but that is what insulin is for and I have no regrets. Treat yourself every once in a while. What are you drinking today?