September 16- December 25, 2021
Starting a few days ago I decided I wanted to distance myself from social media to recenter myself and be more present in the life I am living. I wanted to post both my reasoning and my goals that I hope to accomplish during this time both for accountability and to perhaps motivate you to encourage growth during the holidays instead of waiting for the New Year. I also plan on posting semi-regular updates on how I am feeling, how my goals are going, and how I am succeeding or struggling with my journey. That being said- let’s get into the goals for my 100 days with 0% social media.
- I want to spend my time either productive OR in a way that brings me happiness. I want to reduce wasting my time mindlessly scrolling.
- I want to fully focus on my goals. Building new habits while maintaining a life is hard enough on it’s own- let alone adding easy distractions to the mix.
- I would like to re-discover who I am without social media labels and the pressures to fit those labels that come from being online. I want to make sure I am doing things because I like to do them and not just because I put a pressure on myself on my socials to do so or to be a specific type of person.
- I want to be more PRESENT in my life and with the people I am with.
- I would like to use this time to grow, develop skills, and re-ground myself.
100 Days of 0% Social Media Goals
My plan is to develop “base habits” in the first 10 days and then every 10 days add a new goal and add to the existing habits. I am hoping this creates easy going, maintainable habits that I would like to have for the foreseeable future. I am also setting up “check-in” journal entries so I can see where I am succeeding, where I am struggling, and how my mood is affected over time.
I would also like to note that I downloaded Duolingo on my phone so that when I am in a public setting or need a mental break to be on my phone- I have something to “entertain” me while also adding to a skill I would like to obtain which is speaking Spanish. I also have YouTube and Spotify to listen to beneficial videos, podcasts, and music. NOW- the following are the habits I plan to develop during this time.
- Plan goals and delete socials off of my phone.
September 17- September 27 (Base Habits)
- 15 minutes meditation daily
- Take vitamins (prenatals, probiotics, vitamin c), insulin, & 100 oz water a day
- Sleep 8-10 hours a night (Goal bedtime: 8-10pm; Goal wake up: 6am-8am)
September 28- October 08
- 15 minutes of intentional movement
- Add 5 minutes of meditation (Total 20 minutes)
October 09- October 19
- 10 minutes of writing (journaling, creative writing, etc.)
- Add 5 min of intentional movement (Total 20 minutes)
October 20- October 30
- I have at least one healthy meal (meal prepped) everyday
- Daily gratitudes in journal
October 31- November 10
- 15 minute daily pick-up
- “Why I love my partner” in my journal
November 11- November 21
- Try one new recipe a week for dinner
- Add 5 minutes writing (Total 15 minutes)
November 22-December 02
- Transition daily writing to writing my book (Total 15 minutes)
- Add 10 minutes to movement (Total 30 min)
December 03- December 13
- Read nightly before bed (Goal: 15-30 minutes)
- Add 1 meal to meal prepping (2 meals a day)
December 14- December 24
- Transition 15 minutes writing a day to 3-5 page goal
- Add 5 minutes to daily pick-up (Total 20 minutes)
That is all for the day’s blog- thank you all for reading. I wish you all the best in whatever you choose to do today and wish me luck the next 100 days. Hope you all have a great night and happy reading!